Thursday, December 4, 2014

Caring for the Heart - Round-the-clock

Caring for the Heart - Round-the-clock

Hyderabad:  India is estimated to account for 60 per cent of heart disease patients worldwide. Heart diseases have emerged as the number one killer among Indians. What is more alarming is that many of the heart diseases occur late in the night or early in the morning.

Understanding the need of the hour, and accounting the rising trend of cardiac complications in patients, Aware Global Hospitals, L.B. Nagar has announced the launch of round-the-clock cardiac services.

Global Hospitals, since inception has gained the reputation of pioneering and innovating many clinical programs. The growing incidence of cardiac problems and high level of complexities has made it imperative for us to further raise the benchmarks of our clinical programs significantly,” Dr. Vijay Vemuri, Chief Operating Officer, Aware Global Hospitals said while addressing the press conference.

“With the launch of the round-the-clock emergency services instead of a cardiology being on call we will now offer cardiology services 24X7 with cardiologists present. The team will also have a powerful confluence of cardiologists and cardiac Surgeons who will be supported by the most advanced technology and dedicated facilities, offering the most advanced treatments for simple to most complex cardiac problems,” Dr. Pramod Kumar Rao, Interventional Cardiologist, Aware Global Hospitals said.

“If a patient walks in with a cardiac problem which requires a percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) we can now do it within one hour as against the international bench mark of 90 minutes. Also 100 per cent occlusions can also be cleared at any point of time with 99.9 per cent success rate,” Dr Rao added. 
According to Dr. Rao within the vicinity of the hospital in the last couple of months out of a sample size of around 100 cardiac patients treated at the hospital 70 per cent were men and the remaining 30 per cent females.

“Out of these 70 per cent men we treated around 50 per cent were senior citizens (above 65 years) and the rest were middle aged and youngsters. But the trend reversed in the case of women where only 30 per cent women were above the age of 65 years and a startling 70 per cent were either middle aged or young women,” he added.

Global Hospitals Group is one of the fast growing chains of multi super specialty tertiary care Hospitals in India offering healthcare services of international standards. With over 2000 beds, the Group currently has state-of the art and world class hospitals at Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Mumbai offering advanced patient care. With the most comprehensive multi-organ transplant services in the country, the Group has carved out a niche for itself by excelling in areas ranging from simple procedures to complex surgeries and multi-organ transplantation services for liver, kidneys, heart and lungs. It has evolved to become a one-stop healthcare destination for people from across the world. Recognized for internationally reputed doctors and cutting-edge medical technologies, the Group’s Hospitals have achieved several milestones by performing rare, pioneering surgeries and transplantations.